Thursday, March 1, 2012

Yo!







Today, the day after leap day, March 1, has been a beautiful day in Georgia, warm and sunny. I however have not enjoyed it as I have a nasty cold. Dang where did that come from? So, last Sunday I went to a fundraiser and got a bowl and some soup, it was good! I had donated a clock to the silent auction.
I've been working on some new things at my new studio, hubcap clocks, faces, clocks, and some new robots. It is nice having a studio space, I do miss having a space at home but I haven't had that in over a year. Things change, people change, I certainly have changed a lot over the last year and a half. I've been lucky at my new studio that the owner of the property lets me get access to lots of automotive parts and such. Another local artist was cleaning up his house and I got a lot from him too.

When I moved from Decatur to Carrollton I had to get rid of over a ton of scrap metal. I just couldn't move it an hour away. It sucked but I've met a lot of nice and caring people out here that have helped me tremendously.  Thank you to everyone that has helped!

Now if I could figure out what to do with the 55 Oldsmobile hubcap I'll be doing great. Apparently it is called a fiesta spinner hubcap and is sort of rare, at least from my research. I probably won't be making it into a clock however.
Saw Blade Clock

No comments:

Post a Comment