Saturday, November 26, 2011

Robots and Art


This robot is the latest and largest robot that I have welded. It stands about 4 feet tall, I worked on this at a local middle school with the art teacher. I have to say that this was a very fun sculpture to build as I had students coming out all day to watch, ask questions, and make comments. I haven't done any kind of art in front of a "crowd" in some time, last time was just after college at Cafe Tu Tu Tango. It was very enjoyable to do this in the courtyard behind the art classroom. The art teacher is amazing and she helped me with the robot providing pieces and parts and offering me suggestions that were very helpful. She even did some welding! So to any artists out there that have time and know an art teacher I highly recommend visiting with a class or two and talking with the students. 
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment