Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Parades, Polkas, and Pizza

1930's Ford
Jesus to the Rescue Firetruck
International Truck
McCormick-Deering Tractor
Farmall Tractor "My Big Pink Tractor"


These are a few pictures from the 4th of July parade in Carrollton, GA. There were tractors (lots of them), a few old cars (needed more old cars), local businesses, tractor trailers, wreckers (more than 3), horses and riders, Veterans, and 2 marching bands. Of which I have to say my alma mater high school band was better. I didn't take any pictures of the big rig wreckers, I thought my Mom was kidding about them when she said that we would see some tow trucks in the parade. The horses, cars, and tractors were cool and the people seemed like they were all having a good time. Someone was throwing out popsicles to the crowds and somehow with my sisters 4 kids we ended up bringing a bunch home with us.
Tractors
 
1920's Ford

Early 1960's Chevy Bel Air Police Car
68 GMC Truck with a really big Dog
Later in the evening after a few rounds of bocce in the front yard with my niece and nephews, some frisbee, and then some ice cream, I headed over to the church parking lot to watch the fireworks for Carrollton. The church was nice enough to block off a big area for people to sit and they had lemonade! We got there late but it wasn't crowded, at least not what I had seen for the last 3 years in Decatur, GA, so we had a great view of the fireworks and the lightning show in the sky that evening but no rain for us but just a few miles away my sister was deluged in Lowell.  So hope everyone out there had a good day! And now time for the self promotion part of this broadcast.



http://www.etsy.com/listing/77303549/wall-clock-from-a-1970-1972-buick

No comments:

Post a Comment