Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Coincidences

Coincidences, yesterday for some unknown reason was filled with them, mostly small coincidences and synchronicities which could be explained by the small town downtown area of Decatur, GA. I was at HomeGrown Decatur and just notice many things that were interconnected. It was a day of students starting college soon wandering around downtown and the small shops, so I saw Emory students, Scotties, St. Thomas More school, and probably some other colleges I didn't ask all of the kids where they went. I asked the STM kids if they knew Mary Jane, who shares my daughters birthday, and the young girl was a student in her math class. The Agnes Scott women thought it was funny that I knew about the inside of the dorms there, hey, it's a right of passage to be a Tech student and date a Agnes Scott woman or two. Anyway, one of the owner's birthdays was yesterday also and towards the end of the evening a family came in and it was their twins birthday also. Best part, one of the twins bought an altoids tin clock that I had made at the gallery. Coincidentally their Mom was the one who contacted me about doing an  Earth Day show at the Federal Reserve with my art, their Dad lived in Carrollton briefly  at the same time I lived there and lived in the neighborhood that my good friend T's friend Monica said she lived currently(she told me on Saturday previous). Then I saw a woman who told us she was meeting a guy for a first date, she had popped into the gallery to give us some info about an art show in Hapeville. There she was standing in the parking lot at about 10pm with her date and I said "Hello". Went to my car and watched her drive her date home, weird. I hope I don't have to get a ride home with any future first dates.  Blue robot
Blue Metallic Robot with rotating head

El el, blue dog, long and low dog
So that was yesterday. I've been accused of blue being my favorite color based on a few recent Etsy pieces being blue, well that was just a coincidence, I painted a dog blue as a joke on Blue Dog and then asked T what color to paint a robot, she suggested blue, cool I thought I haven't painted a robot blue yet, so off to find Blue Metallic paint.
blue long low dog

No comments:

Post a Comment